Scope of Services
- Transfer optimal robust Earth Observation (EO) methods in monitoring forest changes and assessing deforestation and forest degradation
- Enhanced monitoring and more accurate estimates of the Carbon value of Africa's forests.
- Strengthen existing capabilities within national forest monitoring centres in Gabon and the Republic of Congo and improve the regional network.
- Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation of the University of Twente, The Netherlands
- Institut de Recherche pour le Développement, France
- Centre National d’Inventaire et d’Aménagement des Ressources Forestières et Fauniques, Republic of the Congo
- Observatoire Satellital des Forêts d'Afrique Centrale (OSFAC), Democratic Republic of Congo
- Ministère des Eaux et Forêts, Gabon
International agreements on REDD must rely on operational national and regional forest monitoring systems that accurately measure, map, report and verify (MRV) timely changes in forest state and carbon emission. Up-to-date EO techniques are seen as essential tools in MRV systems. European Commission
Period of execution: 2011 - 2013
Gabon et Republicof Congo
Mathieu Rahm et Nathalie Stéphenne
Tel.: +32 (0) 2 460 70 00
Fax: +32 (0) 2 460 49 58